Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My easter....

Remember how I wrote, last month, about how my camera died a natural death and I was looking for another one?
Yeah.
Still looking.
I've seen all my friend's blogs with pictures of their darling offspring dressed in easter finery gathering pastel colored eggs and enthusiastically partaking of chocolate in one form or another.
And they all look happy.

I must be a terrible mom because I've not captured pictures of Easter Sunday.
Ever.
None of me in a new dress. Drue in a crisp white shirt. James in "boy appropriate pastels".
Not even Oliver gets a close-up.

Of course, none of that actually happened for our Easter sunday.
What did was all of us, sans showers, in pajamas. All day. The parents and the children.

My parents would be horrified.

When we were little, and the internet did not exist and neither did Dish Network, my parents got everyone washed, dressed, entertained and bustled out the door for BOTH sessions of General Conference being shown at the church. This must have been a monumental task for my mom and dad. But they did it anyways.

Thank heaven for lds.org
We vegged in front of the computer screen in lounge pants and ate cinnamon rolls with aplomb.

So, pictures would have been nice.
But really, there was nothing to "picture".

1 comment:

Holly said...

Don't feel bad about no pictures. Sometimes you want to just enjoy the day or the moment and not stress over pictures. And for me to say that is saying something. I'm usually the one trying to document every second of Emma's life because I think it's so cute or important or some other reason. I have 6 cameras at my house (yes, 2 are old 35mm SLR's that I still love, but I have them none the less), and this year on Easter I only took one picture. It was of Emma with her basket. And she was in her pajamas with disheveled hair and everything - sort of the anti-Easter look. But I only took the one. None of the other activities we did here (like decorating the eggs) or of dinner, an easter egg hunt, movies or games at my parents house. Not even after Jill gave us all her new book and told us she was pregnant. I just wanted to enjoy the moment(s). So don't feel like you're a bad mom. You're not. Sometimes not making the family dress up and smile on cue is the best sign of a good parent. It sounds like you had some great family time together on Easter - which sounds wonderful!!