Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mutual of Omaha Presents....

Mutual of Omaha presents the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo!
This place was FANTASTIC! And I mean that. I've never seen some of the animals they had there- never even heard of them before! We saw some crazy stuff and some normal stuff. But the Crazy stuff is always more exciting.
Here is one example of crazy stuff: These are Mekong River fish. This photo was taken from a height of about 20 feet. Those monsters are ENORMOUS! Each fish was at LEAST 10-12 feet long. I've never seen a fish so large. A crocodile this size would be scary. A shark this large would be terrifying. These fish were just noodling around.
My handsome husband and darling james.
My boys at the fish funnel. James thought they were cool and started singing his preschool song "slippery fish" which sounds like " sippwree fsh".
The shark with the craziest teeth I've ever seen. He needs serious orthodontic help.
James thought that shark was the coolest thing ever!

Oliver was such a trooper! It was 97 degrees outside with 90% humidity. The air was heavy, thick and hard to get good breath from. But he never complained! Probably because we tried to stay inside the exhibits as much as possible.
James got to pet a penguin. That was really fun for him. And me. I got to pet one too. They are not as smooth as they look. I was expecting something as slick as a fish, or as soft as a, well, BIRD. But they had very hard feathers which were rough and tightly packed. Interesting.
Oh, and I hope the Peccaries really enjoy the binky that Oliver donated to them. It really meant a lot to him.

No comments: