Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Here's what I've been up to

See these legs? No, they are not mine. But one day. Some day.
I have taken up running.
Remember when I announced my intention to run the Olathe, Kansas 1/2 Marathon?
Well, that's on saturday.
And boy am I ready!
Not just "ready", I'm READY. (puff out chest)

My girlfriends are the best. And there's really no other way to say that. It's just a fact. They have run (almost) every step of the training period with me, encouraged me, pumped me up, let me take a breather. I owe my preparation for this race to them.
The winter's here- maybe I've mentioned them- can be rough. But you fantastic women kept me motivated to run in the snow, the wind, the cold, the sun, run long distances, short intervals and kept me going when I thought I couldn't possibly go another step.
You have helped keep me hydrated. THANK YOU.
And entertained. I love hearing all of your stories. And even if I've heard them before, I'll never ever say that to you- because I just like hearing you talk about your lives.
Talk about consistent! I love having group discussions at the YMCA. People there must either think we're crazy- which maybe we are a bit- or they probably get a little jealous because we have so much fun together. You know what? I'm just going to go with that second option. Knowing I would bump into  one, some, or all of you at the Y and hear you ask how my running was going, that kept me going strong even on the hardest of days. You all inspire me.

So ladies, here's to you. I'll run this race for me and for you too.

And then I will go and have delicious pie. Maybe I'll have a slice for each of you.

2 comments:

Rice Family said...

Hooray for you! Take luck ... and eat a slice of pie for me! :)

Valerie said...

You should be glad that picture is not of you. It doesn't look like she's going very fast.

I realize you already did your race, but I hope it was everything you wanted it to be.