Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What happened last night

I'm was putting James to bed when the following altercation occurred:
Me: Good night sweetheart. I'll see you in the...

James: Look mommy! This is my WEB!!!

At which point, he very enthusiastically punched me right in the eye with his hand which was holding a long piece of yarn.

Me: OUCH! Ow. ow ow ow owwwww... (my eye is shedding tears because he punched my EYE- the WET part and not the lid or the area. Nope. My actual EYE BALL.)

James: Look at my Web!

Me: James! Can you way you're sorry for hitting me in the eye?

James: I'm sorry, Mommy? Look at my web!

The end.
My eye was swollen and puffy for the rest of the night.

Moral of the story: Just look at the web. Don't try to examine it at such short range. And being in the dark doesn't help either.

No comments: