Sunday, January 8, 2012

Worlds Easiest Focaccia Bread

It's not often I post recipes on this blog, but I should probably share the new hit of the daily house: Focaccia Bread.
It's made with my pizza dough recipe which I altered from my sister-in-law's version.
I hope you can use it.

2.5 cups flour
1 T Fleischmann's breadmachine yeast
2.5 T sugar
1/2 t salt
Mix in a bowl
Heat water in a tea kettle until you hear it start to boil.
Turn off the heat immediately.
Measure 1 C water and add 2 T Olive Oil to the hot water.
Make a well in the flour mix and add the water/oil mix all at once.
Beat into submission, or until all the wet stuff is incorporated.
cover and let sit for 12-13 minutes.
heat your oven to 400.
roll out dough into circle shape on lightly floured board.
poke with your fingers, brush with melted butter and top with rosemary, thyme, garlic, and sea salt.
Bake until golden brown on top.
Eat and be amazed.

No comments: