Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Equine Therapy

Hello fellow equine friends. I am really excited about a new therapy for James that I discovered- not by myself though- today: its called Equine Therapy. Essentially, its therapy for kids (and adults) using Horses! Now, anyone who knows ANYTHING about me knows how much I LOVE horses- so finding a therapy for kids who are developmentally delayed using HORSES was like a hole in one for me! I know I can't be the only one in the whole world who is excited about this- and not just because I've been a horse nut my whole life. There is a 'school' (or ranch, for lack of a better word) in Highland, UT that works specifically with this kind of therapy and I want to get the word out for them. They are called Courage Reins which I think is a great play on words: Courage reigns- as in 'rules' and courage Reins- as in the things you drive a horse with. Here is their website if any of you are interested:
www.couragereins.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My younger brother actually did his Eagle Project at an equine therapy center. We lived across the street from the lady who ran the center when I was in High School. I hope that James (and you) will benefit from this! Here is a link to "THE Center" http://www.t-h-e-center.org/