Friday, May 29, 2009

Baby # 2

Now that I have 2 seconds, I can talk a little bit about our newest baby- Oliver Dean Daily.

I went in to be "softened" on sunday night with the understanding that sometime on monday we would be having a baby. Things went very well with trying to get into labor and once my water broke at 6am, things seemed to go quite quickly.
I was pleased to remain awake for the entire process of birthing a baby- unlike my experience with James where both he and I were alseep during the final stage:)
So, really, it was almost (but not quite) like having a baby for the first time. Everything went so smoothly and we are so blessed to have had things go as well as they did. 
Oliver weighed a whopping six and a half pounds- what a chunker!- and was 18.5 inches long. I think he looks more like Drue although we think he has my nose- lucky kid:).
He's a great eater (its his favorite thing to do right now) and seems to have a pyrotechnic bottom... and I'll leave it at that.
James ADORES his little brother. We can't get him to leave Oliver alone for more than a minute. This makes me feel a little bit bad, because I'm CONSTANTLY telling James to "stop, please" touching, kissing, hugging, poking, just loving up his new baby. James can't really say "Oliver" yet so he calls him "Be Soft"- which is what we remind him to do around the baby- or when he really wants to impress, "Wally" which is James' version of "Ollie". Its cute.
Drue has been a trouper trying to let me have a few minutes of sleep where I can catch them by taking James away from me.
Amy came to visit for the weekend and it was wonderful to have her here. She got to spend time with James and today he asked about his "Mimi". That was sweet.
My mother, Stacy, also came to visit for a few days to help. We are looking forward to having Drue's mom next week!
The Lord has blessed us SO greatly with this new child and we LOVE LOVE LOVE him. Newborns are so special- and this one is no exception.
Welcome home, baby Oliver. We love you and are so happy to have you to hold at last!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Congratulations a million times over, Ashley!!!! We're so thrilled that everything went smoothly and that all is well.

And I totally and completely love WALLY and think that should just be his name from now on...Too cute for words!!!!!

Love you!!!!!