Saturday, August 7, 2010

Super-Hero Party!

It is James' birthday and he is 4 years old! I CANNOT BELIEVE how fast time has gone. I know that's an incredibly cliche thing to say but it is true with a capital T!
But a 4th birthday is no ordinary thing! It actually needed to have a theme. And since James is VERY into "Super-hero" stuff (and none of his super hero's have a name. They are all color super hero's: red super-hero not Ironman, blue super-hero not Power Ranger. The list goes through green and black and other colors too.) I decided to throw a super-hero party! This was so much fun!

Since it was a party for a 4 year old, I needed a treat edible with hands and nothing else.

Behold the cupcakes.
But then, I also needed an actual cake to set candles in and make wishes over.
Behold the SUPERMAN CAKE!
I am particularly proud of the superman cake. The S sign is done in 2 layers of fondant that I made, and cut myself.
James thought it was beyond awesome. It was BE-awesome!
I finally got a picture of him sans the birthday revelers.
I said, "Show me your present James!" This is what I got.
This is "Superhero James" presiding over the festivities, with his watergun. Note the cape. I made that for him for his birthday! I'll try to get pictures of it on him posted tomorrow. But he just loves it! Actually, he asked tonight if he could sleep with it.
Thank you to our friends who came to make James' day SUPER SPECIAL. We SUPER APPRECIATE having great friends like you. Have a SUPER NIGHT.

4 comments:

Kierst said...

Okay, the cake looks ah-maze-ing! It looks like a fun party! James looks SO much like Drue! He looks so grown up from when we saw him just a year ago!

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Wow. Beautiful cake. I am WAY impressed. I can't believe he is four. That is really really crazy. Time goes by way to fast. Any ideas about how to slow it down :)

Devany said...

Happy Birthday James! Looks like you had a really fun party. See you next summer!

Rice Family said...

Your cake turned out SUPER cute!!! We love it!!!