Monday, February 28, 2011

A totally random collection of thoughts

Here's what I'm thinking about right now:

There are dishes in my sink from this morning. Still. Actually, last night when I made Lemon Bars. But this computer is WAY more fun than unloading the dishwasher, loading it up again, adding soap and pressing "start". Even as I type this, that really does sound like too much to do right now. Take THAT kitchen!

Speaking of the kitchen- my kitchen floors are now classified bio-hazardous. Ew. Yuck. Maybe I should mop them. But that might not be enough. I may need to get down, Cinderella-style, and scrub scrub scrub while singing to little mice and harmonizing with bubble reflections of myself. hmm. How would I do that........?

Those cookies on the counter- the yummy ones with white chocolate chips and macadamia buts are NOT for you, Ashley! So quite thinking about them RIGHT NOW!!

If you want something to munch, a sliced apple will do just fine.

Boy, my run was great this morning. I love running 10 degree weather. No seriously.
reasons why:
1. no one else does- I've got the whole trail to myself
2. I never over-heat which means I can just go and go.
3. That crisp, cold, clean air just can't be beat anywhere ever!
4. With all the layering I have to do, just think of the color options!
5. Man, I love my crochet headband- keeps my hears just right. plus the flower is way cute too.
6. two words: new nano.
7. two more words: fantastic shoes.
I'm sure if I tried really hard, I could get 10 reasons, but I 'm done thinking really hard today.

Sometimes I wish I had piano students that did everything I asked of them, every week. Just think how great they would be already?! But then I remember that I practiced WAY less than I should have, I did okay in the end, and I had a rewarding childhood-teen-young adulthood. So I guess I should just cut them some slack.

James is getting to be really aggressive. What can I do to put an end to this?! Probably nothing, it's just a phase. But why do we have to get this phase when he's almost 5? Why not have the aggressive phase at, say, 3 mos when they are too small and uncoordinated to do anything about it?

Dang it. I've left a load of wash in the washer for just about 24 hours! I need to get it out of there!

Speaking of laundry, I should probably go fold that basket of clean whites sitting in my room.

What's going on tomorrow?

2 comments:

Kierst said...

I feel like I say the same comment on every blog, but really it's true. We're way more alike than I ever knew! In fact, I have had almost all of those thoughts recently. Except I don't run when it's 10 degrees. Luckily it just doesn't get that cold here, but it was 36 this morning when I left. That's cold for these parts.

Jeremy and Sarah said...

LOVED your adventures in running post. I decided to start running again...well let me re-phrase, I decided to start introducing a slow but steady jog into my workouts. I really love just being able to go. Just go. I have found its a great way to talk to the Lord. I hope that I am doing my body (IE joints) a favor instead of a disservice.