Thursday, February 10, 2011

Try something impossible.

I'm going to try something impossible- well, to me at least.

A you may (or may not) know, I participated in a Sprint Triathlon last fall and had a blast. It was a REALLY emotional experience for me because I NEVER EVER EVER EVER in a million years thought I could do something that difficult and live to tell the story.

I lived.

And now I have decided to try another impossible feat: I am running the Olathe, KS Wizard of Oz Half Marathon.
I'm all in.
Why not the full marathon?
I'll say it: I'm a little bit chicken. At first, I thought I could do a full marathon, but then reality slapped me across the face.
That was nice. Not.

So, for all you people in the Land of Blog, I'll be running in the Land of Oz on April 16th.

And no, I'll not be dressing up. But I hear there are people who do (and run the FULL monty). Crazies.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I bet you could do a marathon if you wanted to. Jill tells me it's the same as a half marathon. At least mentally. If you can run a half marathon you can run a whole marathon. But good for you for even doing that. You're better than me! Good luck!

Cheryl said...

Woohoo!!! It's not impossible. It's hard, but you can do hard things! And I'll be right there with you! Seriously, what more could you want?

A Momma said...

Good luck. I'm too chicken.
You are going to rock it like you rocked the tri.