Friday, May 25, 2012

Rapunzel Rapunzel, let down thy hair!

I have a friend who is treating her kids to the ultimate DisneyWorld vacation. (maybe I'm a little bit jealous...)
And she needed a dress for her little girl.
Well, I don't have one of those, and she (my friend) doesn't have the skill set to sew a costume dress, so I said I'd do it for her. I have to live vicariously through other mom's of little girls. Not that I don't love my boys- I DO! But sewing for a little girl is SO much fun. And it's pretty.
My friend's little girl wanted a Rapunzel dress, so here it is:




Here's what I learned how to use/do while making this dress:
Fray Check
Heat 'n' Bond
Elastic thread
Eyelets
Lace and trim
lots and lots of hemming
altering a pattern
Satins are a pain to sew with forever and ever, amen.
How to NOT use an iron
How to HIDE iron damage
How to make a little girl's dream dress come true.

I'm available for hire, now:)

No comments: