Tuesday, December 30, 2008

for sale

For sale:
one boy.
2.4 years old.
great smile
loves to laugh and play
obsessed with cars
eats
trained in diapers
sleeps in 2 hour increments. including at night.

reason for selling: 4 hours of sleep last night. total.

answers to James.

Alright, so I'm not going to sell my son, but I gotta say- writing it out sure helps me put things in perspective.
So, here's what I'm in desperate need of: advice on HOW to get my little rat to SLEEP through the night again!
He WAS doing great! I could count on a full 8 hrs of sleep a night!
Now, he's a pill. All this started changing around the 2 year old mark. He has singlehandedly pushed back his "bed time" by an hour (8pm to 9pm) and can open his door even WITH the "child proof door knob"- and does this regularly. All he wants to do is sleep in MY bed. All I want him to do is NOT sleep in my bed. Just to SLEEP!!! We have a very established bedtime routine that we haven't changed since he was 1. I've been pushed to the edge of my sanity. For the sake of my son continuing to live with his parents (joking), does ANYONE have an idea on how to get this kid to stay asleep?

1 comment:

CA Poppy said...

Who will start the bidding?

I will. He will be a great addition to the stable. Here in Fort Mac, all we are looking for in workers is two feet and a heart beat. He qualifies. After a day or two, he sill sleep like a baby should. And he will probably be a foreman with his intellectual capabilities. Not only that, but he will be more mature than most.

George Lopez thinks the "goodnight juice" is a good way to get children to sleep. I personally would never do anything like that (wink wink) But i think sometimes, when children give you a headache, one of you could stand a little tylenol night cap (or wine to stop the whine), just kidding.

Hugs and Kisses,

Dad