Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My OBGYN

What woman doesn't love her OBGYN? 
Wait, you mean thats just me?
Okay- let me tell you why my OBGYN is awesome!
Dr. Lash delivered James 2 and (almost) a half years ago. I had my first doc's appointment yesterday with this new pregnancy and here's how it went:
I ran into a really good friend who I had been thinking about calling for a week but somehow never got around to it- and she had been thinking of calling me too- turns out- but her phone had broken so she didn't have access to my number... to make this part short- we were able to exchange numbers again!
The nurse for my doc was really cool with me not being able to pee in that blasted cup!
Dr. Lash actually remembered me! I know, who could FORGET me- even after years of therapy- but he really did remember me! Here's how the conversation went (paraphrased):
Lash: well, welcome back! Hows the little one? He's how old now? (Its obvious to me that he doesn't remember me really at all- just reading my chart which mentions that he delivered J.)
me: Thanks, James is almost 2 and a half now
Lash: time flies!
me: yeah
awkward silence
Lash: so what does your husband do again?
me: he's a professional student
Lash: studying?
me: music composition. But we're DONE in 2 weeks!
Lash: (the light is beginning to dawn) wait a minute, I remember... something like someone having a degree in music, not composition, but like, how it works, or is built or something.
Me: yup. that was me.
Lash: Well! (jovial now-) Welcome back!!!

I know, he didn't REALLY remember me until the really boring degree, but the point is: he DID remember me eventually!
Dr. Lash also helped stop the CONSTANT post-nasal drip that I've been gagging on for 2 and a half months straight! Lovely man!
And, he had no problems with my dependance on Phenergan, AND that I take Flintstone vitamins and not Prenatals.
 
me: does it really matter that I'm not taking prenatal vitamins- I take Flintstone's instead.
Lash: Really, it doesn't.
There you go, Dad. Dr. Lash says its no problem.

The good news is that
1. I'm not having twins!
2. I heard a heart beat- nice and strong
3. We find out the sex of the baby on Dec. 30!!! I was to surprised to find myself so far along!

It was a good day and today is a better one!

2 comments:

Shelli Snyder said...

My midwife actually recommended Flinstone vitamins to me because the prenatals made me throw up. So take that, Alan! :)

CA Poppy said...

You know your Dad and I~Prenatal vitamins and throwing up daily = healthy babies. Were old fashioned.I would'nt feel pregnant If I wasn't feeling 'just kill me' nauseated! Well I'm glad you're feeling better and that flinstones are an option.