Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas countdown

I have had ONE stoke of brilliance this holiday season. Just one. Because James gets so much time at home, and not at school, I needed to come up with SOMETHING to keep him entertained for long periods of time. And something NEW to do everyday.
So, I made a classic christmas paper chain and added a neat thing (if I do say so myself).
Each link has something to do - bake, color, craft, sing, play... really, just DO- written on the underside. Each countdown day, we take off a link and do the thing written.

Here is the Gingerbread house. James really didn't do much more than eat the candy. In fact, I had to keep the candy moving away from him as I decorated so I could finnish the thing. But I think it was fun!

You might notice that each side of the roof is different. One is a lattice-top punctuated with candies, and the other is a garland top OF candies. Neither of these things is an original idea, I just wanted to see if I could be as crafty as the box:)
Added bonus: I got the ice-sickles to work! Next year had better watch out- I'm getting ready...

No comments: