Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I love the pretty flowers

I blame this whole thing on Jesicah Baggerly. Yes. That's right. She makes such AMAZING hair flowers that I felt compelled to do some too. I LOVE wearing hair flowers. I think a flower in the hair automatically makes me feel better- it's just that having something pretty in an unexpected place is so fun!
Plus, who doesn't like flowers?!
So, I made some:
This one is flat, cream, and almost orchid like in design. I put Swarovski beading in the middle in 2 colors.
This one is modeled after one I own in yellow. Red is always a great color on a flower and a great color in every hue of hair! Notice the sparklies on the petals as well as the interior star design.
This flower has a special interior. Instead of using beading or sparklies or buttons, I went to the thrift store and picked up this BEAUTIFUL retro broach just for this purpose. The orange is a lovely warm deep pumpkin color with red-ish fade on the tips.
Here is how to secure these beauties to your hair:
Each flower is backed with a supple soft leather support. The clips are wrapped in velvet ribbon and attached to the leather.
So, there. That's what I did tonight. Instead of cleaning my desk. Blame Jesicah.

1 comment:

jbaggs said...

Awesome. I love being blamed for things. I sure hope I win one of those! Me likey. A lot.