Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Reading List

It's time for my summer reading list.

And a mini-lecture on why people need to have a summer reading list.

Mini-lecture:
You all need a summer reading list because if you do not exercise your brain, it will fall out of your nose and ears disguised as boogers and ear wax. No one wants to loose brains that they could have easily kept in their heads just by cracking open a book (or kindle or ipad or what have you). In the immortal words of Nike advertising: Just do it.

List:
The Book Thief by Marcus Zuzack. My favorite book of the year so far!
The Hunger Games. I haven't read this yet- but I hear it's amazing. And there are 36 other requests for it at the library. I'm number 37.
Moby Dick. I've started this at least 3 times this summer. I like the snarky voice- it reminds me of pretty much everyone from college.
Wuthering Heights.

As you can see, my list is woefully short.
So here's your chance to preach at me. Tell me what book is keeping your brains in place this summer- and I might just send you something special if I like your suggestion.

p.s. The something special will be an AWESOME hair flower that I've been perfecting all spring long. It's beauty on a clip.

5 comments:

jbaggs said...

I hear the Book of Mormon is a great book! In fact, I know its a great book. Send me that beauty on a clip!

Taylor said...

I already tried to comment once yesterday...

Besides reading everything ever written about The Beach Boys and/or Brian Wilson, I am trying to make my way through St. Augustine's Confessions. I started it back in 2004 or something, but never got around to finishing it. I probably still won't. I really liked Accordion Crimes by Annie Proulx, I think you'd be into it. I also recently read Desert Solitaire. I thought it was really interesting, but I am like that.

Shelli Snyder said...

I "belong" to two blog book clubs ... they're on my blogroll if you want to join us. Right now we're reading The Maze Runner. Come read with us if you want!

jbaggs said...

Dav Pilkey's Dragon Tales is a GREEEAAT book! Its keeping my brains in place, as well as my childrens. Talk about a quick read....even my 7 year old can do it! Pick me! Pick me!!

Kelsey said...

I loved "The Book Thief" too. Two books I read recently and loved are "The Help" by Katheryn Stockett and "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Happy reading!