Sunday, September 11, 2011

because....

This post has been a long time coming.
And it's not because I've been procrastinating.
Like I have been on all the OTHER posts I'm trying to talk myself into working on.
One thing at a time here.

But this post has an awesome story behind it.

My birthday came this year with no fanfare at all.
Not that I NEED fanfare- that's not the point. Because I don't.
But my birthday was a crazy day. Its was the first day of school for my Kindergartener (insert stressed sound here), I had to teach piano, teach Young Women's in the evening... and all the blah blah blah things I do everyday just trying to keep my family in working order.
Any ways, is was an un-awesome birthday.

The next day, the Pioneer Woman had a give away on her blog.
I always do those. 
Because, in the immortal words of my high school AP Gov teacher: "Ya know, ya never know"!
The giveaway was for an awesome pair of boots.
Do you see where I'm going with this?
Yeah.
I won.

Crazy right?!!!

Anyway, after a couple of SNAFU's, here they are in all of their glory:




Why, YES that's leopard print distressing on the leather. And YES, they are made of a soft and supple cognac suede with a shiny chestnut patent leather inlay. YES, the design is an eagle and they ARE located on the toe, shaft, heel and back. YES, they are very comfortable- felt like broken in shoes right out of the box.

And yes. I'm in love with them: Ma Bouuts.

2 comments:

Rice Family said...

You rock those new boots! What a great gift for yourself! :)

Kierst said...

That is AWESOME!!