Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fun in the Sun (hot hot hot)


We had a bit of fun at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake. When we lived there, I always wanted to take James to play in the splash area, but he was too little. Then there was another pregnancy and junk with my health and, long story short, it never happened.

Until!
I promise this boy was dressed when we left the hotel.

And then Spiderman decided to show up.

 And he stayed around for a little while.
 These kiddos were all congregating around this one area that seemed to shoot foam instead of water. Odd.
 I didn't upload the funniest part- because I accidentally deleted it. (shakes fist at sky- why?!!! HOW?!!!)
The splash park plays music every 15 minutes and has a mini-water show. It's neat because the water gets choreographed and the kids go BONKERS. My child was no exception. As soon as the music started, he was dancing, bopping, running, jumping, and striking hero-poses ALL OVER the place. It was truly hysterical. It also really made me appreciate my high-energy boy-o. He's just so genuine- genuinely interested and excited by just about EVERYTHING. Which can be exhausting most of the time. But that day at the Gateway, all I wanted to do was enjoy him for the little individual he is!
Sweet boy.

And after he got done in the water, he needed dry undies and shorts (I had held onto his shirt while he was running around in the water. Thank heavens!). Unfortunately, I don't just pack extra undies and shorts. So, I had to send out Amy and Ethan to get some. They came back with some awesome undies, all Halloween themed. Eyeballs, Weird Science, monsters/spiders. And he wears them as often as possible. I don't blame him. They are sweet.

Here's my moose. And Joseph!

1 comment:

Kierst said...

What? No pictures of the Halloween shorts? Oh, now I see. Underwear. Yeah, I'm okay with not seeing those. By the way, Taylor's sister was recorded and is played (or at least used to be) as one of the songs at the fountain. I have yet to hear it.