Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day #10: when your car gets sick

One day, while minding my own business, and parked very nicely at a stop light, I got rear-ended.
It thoroughly smashed in my trunk hatch, moved my bumper, destroyed the lights and knocked some internal things loose.
Suffice it to say, I was not pleased.
The only good thing about this whole debacle is that it was not my fault in the least. The other insurance company has taken good care of us, and I am thankful for that.
My car needed to get fixed ASAP on October 5th (date of the accident). Too bad it couldn't get fixed until October 31st! It may just be me, but I felt that was an unusually long time to wait until I could even take my car into the shop to get it fixed.

Halloween arrived (see my previous post) and the car went into the shop (almost) as planned. And I got this to drive:
It's a Mazda. I think that should be 'nuff said. But I'll elaborate. It's a Mazda POS 3.
Well, maybe that's not entirely correct.
It's not a total lemon.
Although, for the last couple of days it's been telling me that a tire has low pressure, but not which one so I can fix it!
jerk.

It's good points:
It can accelerate faster than my shaggin' wagon.

I think that's it.
It's not that I dislike Mazda cars.
I just really miss my Subaru.


3 comments:

Taylor said...

We rented a Mazda 5 once I Kiersten really liked it. She keeps talking about how it might be nice to buy one someday (when we decide it is finally time to by something that might be a minivan, but we are holding off on that for as long as possible)

Cheryl said...

I once drove a Mazda 120 mph. That was fun. Of course, I didn't have my children in the car. I think you just need to drive it somewhere by yourself to really appreciate it.

CA Poppy said...

Day eleven?