Thursday, December 22, 2011

When life gives you lemons

go shopping ASAP. Retail therapy almost always works wonders.
So, I did.

Here's what I bought:


It's my big christmas gift this year from my wonderful Aunt.
It was a MAJOR STEAL OF A DEAL.
It helped me feel not quite so sad.
A bit.

Here's what I love about it:
Solid Oak. Can you say "sand and paint" or "sand and stain"?! Or maybe just keep it that warm honey color. It kind of matches my project armoire.
The chairs are solid too.
Turned legs.
HIDDEN LEAF. Not a take-out-and-store leaf, my leaf is hiding under the table top!!! Sneaky sneaky, table.
Bigger. A lot bigger. So, I'm not bumping elbows with kids/guests.
When the leaf is in, two people fit on each long side! So, if more kids are born, we'll have room for them.
Round corners and beveled edges. Child-safe.
And did I mention it was a KILLER DEAL??! 

So now, we have a beautiful table on which to serve you all a delicious dinner.
Chicken Tikka Masala, anyone?

No comments: