Wednesday, December 21, 2011

THE WORST DAY EVER

Or,
Why I'm Not In Canada Right Now.

I had the most horrific experience today. As a matter of fact, I'm still sobbing my head off about it.

A word to the wise: do NOT try to "save money" by getting the passport card.
It will NOT get you in an airplane to go see your family for christmas in Calgary.
It will NOT even get you through the gate in Omaha.
It will NOT listen to your pleas to the ladies behind the counter, to the person on the customer service phone, to the congressman of your district to see if he can do anything for you, and it will NOT comfort you as you shed tear after tear because after all you have done- it's still not enough.

So, do me a favor.
Don't ask me how Canada was. I will not have an answer except for bursting in to tears- and that will be awkward for both of us.

3 comments:

Laura McBride said...

Oh no! I'm SO sorry!!! :(

Cheryl said...

Sending hugs your way. So so so sorry.

The McKnights said...

oh ashley, super super sad! i shed a tear just reading your post. i'm sending you lots of hugs right now. please call me if you need to chat, cry, vent, whatever. i'll listen. i will pray that God works out GOOD through this. love ya friend!