Thursday, May 8, 2008

So I fell...

For the 4th time this year, I have fallen down my stairs. I don't mean to fall down them. Sometimes I just slip on the carpet. Sometimes I loose my balance because I'm carrying a lop-sided parcel, carrying James or anything else. This time, however, I just lost count of the stairs and stepped from 3 stairs up to the floor. It was graceful (as falling down the stairs usually is), not long and I ended up flat against a wall. However, I did re-injure my foot which I'm already struggling with Proneal Facitics (look it up) due to my (now half) marathon training- which means another week of Pliates only. Also I ended up spraining my thumb. I don't know how many of you have ever sprained your thumb but it an extremely inconveniencing injury. I'm a pianist, so I cannot play anything above a 5th in my left hand and this makes practicing difficult. Drue asked if I were okay, and then just chuckled with the line "what is is with you and stairs? can't you just walk down them like a normal person instead of falling down them?" I see his point. But its always faster to fall.

1 comment:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

I'm so happy to find your blog Ashley! It will be fun to hear about all your adventures! Your mom told me about it and said how fun your pictures/entries are - she's a proud mom/grandma. By the way I did the "falling down the stairs because you think you're on the last step when your not" thing - I sprained my ankle - it really messes up your day! Hope your thumb recovers quickly. Can't wait to see you next week!