Monday, May 12, 2008

When it rains...

Last friday, I happened to look at the back tires on my car and noticed they were low. VERY low. So, I took my car to my mechanic and asked what it would cost to get new back tires only- since the fronts were recently replaced. Oh, and could he add an oil change, and my A/C needed to be re-vamped for the summer. Sure- was the reply. Won't cost more than $200. Okay, I'm thinking to myself, $200 to fix my tires and get the car ready for summer. Sounds good. So, this morning I took my car into my mechanic and said to call me when he's done. "Shouldn't be more than 1 hr!" he says as I'm pushing James' stroller out the door. Just as we're about to leave, I notice a FRONT tire looks VERY flat. So, I poke my head in the shop and say- "Hey, Ryan! My front right tire looks flat now too! Can you fix it?" "Sure". I think every mechanic learns in school to always say "sure" but then never tell what they might be charging to "fix it".  This was at 10:30am. I just got a call at 1:00pm saying my car is ready- oh, and the price tag is $257! When it rains (which it is today) it pours! 

No comments: