Monday, April 6, 2009

He got in!

Drue got an acceptance letter from Nebraska today- to their Doctor of Musical Arts in Composition program! I'm so happy for him! All the other "no's" were really beginning to bog him down. But we're really pleased he got in at Nebraska.
Here's 10 reasons why I want to go to Nebraska (because MY vote is the one that matters most right?)
1. They offer full tuition remittance 
2. They offer Health Insurance
3. They offer a healthy stipend
4. He will be in a smaller program
5. We can afford a house there.
6. Lincoln, NE is the healthiest city in the US
7. Population about 250,000 people: roughly the size of Concord, CA.
8. 150 different parks all connected by a walking trail.
9. We still have some family in Nebraska (Jared and Jeanne in North Platte, 3.5 hours away)
10. It a blessing to even be accepted into a DMA program in this economy and I don't snub blessings!

I'll post a pic of his acceptance letter soon, but we just needed to share the good news! We'll keep posting about what is going on with this fore-seeable future!

6 comments:

CA Poppy said...

Congratulations Drue! We are very pleased with the news. Lincoln is a fun city, and near to where I received my Eagle in Scouting (Omaha). You are also in luck because you current vehicle is the right color. In Aksarben, all the cars either red or white, and my father received a degree from that prestigeous university.

Hugs and Kisses,
Alan and Michelle

Laura McBride said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you guys. I know you were kind of pulling for Nebraska. You deserve this. When you follow the Lord's commandments His blessings will come. When will you head to NE?

Holly said...

Congrats! I'm really happy for you guys! Good job Drue.

Taylor said...

This is great news! I know that getting nothing but "No Thank You" letters can be extremely frustrating.

I think reason # 7 is kind of funny...sure Lincoln and Concord, CA are the same size on paper, but in real life Concord feels like a much bigger city because it is next to several other just-as-large-or-larger cities. Lincoln is all by itself on the prairie. I am not trying to rain on your parade, in fact I have always thought Nebraska was a beautiful place.

I wish Drue all the best at Nebraska...if this is the decision all y'all make. You are right that this is a huge blessing at such a difficult time.

'Ata boy!

Shelli Snyder said...

Yay!!! Good for you, Drue! And Ash, I hope you're feeling well and that things are going as you'd like with the pregnancy ... I'm so excited to see pictures of your new little one! Love you so!!!

Connie said...

Congratulations to both of you! What a wonderful achievement!!! I wish you all the best and hope you settle right in and fall in love with the place.

We love you!!!!