Saturday, April 11, 2009

Money part deux.

I am SO pleased to announce to all you dedicated readers that Drue has been awarded a Full Ride Graduate Teaching Assistantship for 3 years at UNL!!!
My heart is full to bursting with gratitude for the blessings the Lord has showered down on my family. I know this is where we need to be going and the Lord has made it possible for us. We thank all of you who have kept us in your prayers- they seem to have helped!:)
So, the run-down looks like this:
Full tuition for 3 years
79% Health Insurance
$8,228.00 stipend per school year (august to may)

Total awarded: $24,512.00
multiply by 3 years: $73,536.00

We are so thrilled that this has finally happened for us! Drue has worked SO SO SO hard- going to school part time, working full time, church callings, homework, concerts, composition. Oh yeah, and a family. It sure is nice to have this validation for him- that he really IS doing the right thing. Being a musician when EVERYONE ELSE in the family is an engineer/physicist has been tough. But I am so proud of my husband and the work he has accomplished while doing all this and I think he deserves to have his hard work pay off in such a beautiful way!

This also means that we are MOVING MOVING MOVING to Lincoln, NE the first week in August. It also (probably) means I get to buy the home I've been eyeing for the last 4 months!:)



2 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

We're so happy for you family Ashley - you so deserve this! Bask in the joy!!

Holly said...

That's awesome! Congrats!