Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Letter to AMERICAN EXPRESS

Dear American Express,

I would like to thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I am in a constant need of bookmarks to remind me where I leave off in my everyday reading. Your sample credit cards are are sturdy yet flexible, and they make ideal bookmarks. Yet, I must confess, I am somewhat absentminded and am constantly losing my bookmarks, dropping one here, leaving another in a library book, etc. You are so kind to keep me stocked. Just about the time that I find my treasured bookmark missing is about the time when I receive a newly wrapped, tantalizingly thick, envelope in the mail from American Express. It could only conceal one thing! A new, potentially real, credit card perfectly designed for marking ones reading spot. I can hardly contain my gratitude! What would I do without the foresight of American Express? Even before I have begun losing my current bookmark, they are planning to replace it. In fact it is probably already in the mail! It restores my confidence in the constancy of the mail system. I am enjoying my most recent installment of bookmarks and am convinced that you have redesigned them as this most recent batch seems to be more difficult to lose. Yet, as I have laid out my track record with these coveted items, I hardly need tell you that I will soon be needing another.


Thank you in advance,

“Current Resident”

1 comment:

Shelli Snyder said...

You make me laugh, Ash. :)