Monday, September 20, 2010

James and his fishing pole

This is James and his beloved fishing pole. You may remember the history of this particular toy- it actually belonged to the little boy loving next door. The kiddos next door moved and left the shell of this toy so my little scrounger picked it out of their trash. True story. And I, as a wonderful mother, let him both DO that and KEEP it. For the record, I did clean it.
In this picture, it looks like the scope of a rifle. Who knew fishing poles could be so multi-purpose? He's also used it as a pointer, sword, plush stuffed-animal to snuggle with at night- the list goes on.
I LOVE this picture. we attached a shoe string to act as a fishing line and he wanted to " Sit on the moon and fish" just like the DreamWorks boy.
Of course, nothing happens in this house without Oliver being somehow involved.
And now James has decided that he wants to go fishing for real. With his toy pole of course. Not sure how that will work out yet.

1 comment:

Kierst said...

Um, I love the naked one in the other post. And, for the record, we all pull stuff out of the trash, I think. I still have a surfboard sitting in my garage that I got from a dumpster.