Saturday, October 9, 2010

CA trip- airports

I decided to do this post about my CA trip in segments.
Segment 1: The Airports

Story time.

Flying half way across the country with a 4 year old and a 16 month old is not something I'm interested in doing again.
And I think any other mom in the world would agree with me.
Why?
Three words: SO MUCH STUFF.
Seriously. Not only am I outnumbered by sheer bodies, but I've also got a backpack with toys and treats to keep the kids quiet, a DVD player and case, James' backpack with books (because nothing beats our own books apparently), and a car seat for Oliver, AND my double stroller because there is no way in hell I'm going to fight my 4 year old about walking WITH me instead of away from me at every possible instant, through a very crowded airport. Add to all this harmonious-ness the need to completely strip at the security check and then reassemble everyone after we're through the stupid metal detector (which by the way keeps beeping for me, and me alone, until I figure out I still have my earrings on which I now have to remove one handed because O is attached to my hip and I'm desperately holding onto James' hand with the same arm) without loosing my mind. You can understand maybe how fun (not) this was for me.

But the good part?

My kids were fantastic.
See?
I said to Oliver, "Oliver! Look at me! Oliver! Over here! Oliver! Oliver?! Ollie!!" That's what I got.

James was awesome though. He played and got really into this cool little puzzle thing.
See?
By the time we got to Oakland, after 10 hours of travel, we were happy to be with Grammy and Papa in Livermore. Thank the Lord we all got there at the same time in each of our whole pieces with our brains almost intact.
Almost.

To be continued.....

No comments: