Saturday, October 9, 2010

CA trip- fun at Amy's

My sister, Amy, is the one who got married and the one who justified the giant trip out to the west coast. She also just bought a house with her husband, Ethan. But they were still in the process of moving in when the entirety of the Simpson clan descended upon them. Sorry about the pictures Mame.

Here is my mom:
This is the first time I've been able to post pictures of her:) Her name is Lisa Michelle and goes by Michelle. But she has the coolest "grandma" name of all time: Mona Lisa. Don't you love it?!
She is the picture queen. Takes pictures of everything and anything that will hold still long enough for her to snap the shutter. And then, when things weren't holding still, she got a camera that captures images IN MOTION. NO one is safe.

Good things James is a camera lover. Ham, I believe is the word.

In this photo, James is showing off the "fishing pole" that he used all evening to catch cats. It's really a cat toy with feathers at the end. But that didn't matter to the boy. For all intents and purposes, he was just fishing for cats. For 2 hours.

He actually caught one! Amy's kitten, Lenin, loved playing with the toy. He's laying down in the background- the 4 little white legs. The problem with Lenin playing with James is that Oliver LOVES LOVES LOVES all things animal. So, Lenin would come out to play with James, Oliver would get excited about the kitty being out and chase him. Lenin would run away. James would being Lenin back out with the toy. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Half of the family:
Jacob on the couch intently focused on the game.
Amy on the chair.
Sam in the background smiling.
Joseph's arm behind Amy.
Dad's arm in the very foreground (he was showing me cool dialysis stuff).

I found this on my camera. Hey, Jacob. I think I'm getting you nose-hair trimmers for christmas!:)
I love my family.

to be continued....

No comments: