Wednesday, October 13, 2010

CA Trip- Fentons

I'm not really sure how many of you out in blogger-land have seen UP. My guess is quite a few. THis is based on the premise that many bloggers (I'd say a majority of us 'casual bloggers') are Moms and Dads, which title necessitates at least one offspring. Having progeny causes many grown-ups to do things that most other grown-ups wouldn't normally do. Things like visit the zoo on a weekly basis, eat fruit snacks (i.e. gummies), and see all G rated films.
Since I am a:
-casual blogger
-Mommy
-fruit snacker
and
-zoo enthusiast
I also go see movies for children. That's pretty much all I see. Ever.

But enough about me.

In the movie 'UP', at the very end, Karl and Russell are sitting down outside an ice cream parlor spying the colors of the cars that zoom by: "red", "blue!" This parlor has a name: Fentons.
It's a real place. I would know, I had my wedding reception luncheon there.
The BEST ice cream sundaes in the WORLD. Three words- Black and Tan.

Fentons is an institution. Especially for the 'Just Married' or 'Almost Married' crowd.

I was only able to get a few good shots. But I'm not really sorry about this.
reason #1. Have you TASTED the crab salad sandwich?
reason #2. kids.
reason #3. ice cream.

I was focused on the higher good here people.

So, here are the few good shots I got.

Me, Jacob (brother #1), Sam (brother #3)
James, Joseph (brother #2), Dad in the bottom fore-ground. (Doesn't he have the coolest grey hair?!)
James giving us all the "gig'em aggie". Or the "yeah, good job!".
This was before the thumb picture. He had a sip of something (I'm not really sure what) and made this fantastic face:
This lovely lady is my Granna, Karen Simpson. She's amazing. I should be so lucky to be related to a woman like her. See her cool grey hair? Can you guess what color mine will be when I get to this stage of life?
And my darling Oliver.

The rest of the CA trip went well enough, I just didn't take pictures. The wedding was very nice. My sister now has a husband- who is very cool too. If I get to post some wedding pictures, I will. Or I might just link to her site. And the day after was General Conference.
And then home.

We had such a wonderful time seeing all of our family and friends in Livermore, Concord, Oakland and Emeryville!

until next time

No comments: