Saturday, October 9, 2010

CA trip- nations

Part 2: Nations.
For those of you not in the know, Nations is an excellent burger joint. In-n-outy, with a touch of Millies of Salt Lake City, and a side of nostalgia, Nations is a nice place for a good burger. Especially if you're starving. And your kids. And your brother.

Introducing to my blog for the very first time, my brother Jacob. Too bad the only pictures of this caveman are of his hairline and concentration lines. Just kidding Jacob. we love you.
Here's one reason why I've got a great brother:
He taught James about straws and all the fun things to do with straw wrappers.
Like, straw-wrapper guns:
Guns take two:
and spit balls:
This picture is of James exulting because of a well shot spit ball.

I think this is a great example of family bonding. I mean, these were my kids being taught by my brother awesome straw tricks that will definitely aid them in college applications.

College application: describe the best two straw wrapper tricks you learned as a youth.
James: well, hell, that's not a problem. My awesome Uncle Jacob taught me how to shoot people with the wrapper as a blow-gun AND how to successfully target and sharp-shoot spit balls when I was four. I've been applying this knowledge to my life ever since. This determination to propagate my knowledge to my younger siblings and my application of this noble art through my life demonstrates blah blah blah.......

See? This was a non-wasted afternoon. Plus I got to hang out with my really cool younger brother.

to be continued....

1 comment:

Kierst said...

This alone makes me want to start eating beef again. We always stopped there on the way home from youth temple trips.