Wednesday, November 24, 2010

and one more thing..

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. And until then, it is still halloween season!!!

I had the brilliant idea for our family halloween costumes this year: we would all go as The Incredibles! It would be so easy, I said. Just get matching stretch tops and bottoms in red, stencil the i logo and draw on masks- POOF!, I said. I found the stretch tops and bottoms just fine. And then the i logo. But I put it off, and off and off (almost like this blog post). Until the night before (and I'm seeing flashes of high school as I type this) and I'm working feverishly on getting our costumes together! But the final product is something to be proud of I think...

Presenting Dash Incredible in all his super-hero glory!!!!
He adopted the Dash persona to completely that I'm still having to refer to him as "Dash" instead of James. To be fair though, he has also identified himself as: Russell (from UP), Dash, Batman, Super James, Horse, Charlie and Alligator.
Here's my pumpkin. My excuse? We were finger painting! I had to come up with something that could be done with fingers!
Dash's pumpkin. He got all excited about all the colors, pained a few on the squash and then just had a BALL smearing everything around. The pumpkin went from Jackson Pollack to 4-year-old in no time flat!
And that's all I have for the rest of October.

I really need to get on the blogger ball here.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Tell Dash I miss him. Seriously, I do.

Oh, and you. (c:

Taylor said...

One year I painted a Christmas tree on a pumpkin. We kept it around until after New Years'. When we wanted a "Halloween" or "Thanksgiving" decoration, we'd turn it around so you couldn't see the tree. When we wanted a "Christmas" decoration, we turned it so you could. Cute pictures.