Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This is really late....

Ok. In the middle of October we went to Martin's Hillside Orchard. I may have mentioned them before on this blog. Or I may have mentioned them many times. Either way, we love it there!

Oliver was excited! This was his first trip that he could actually get down and around. Notice the shorts? It was a warm October.
I tried and tried and tried and tried etc.... but these two boys simply CANNOT "look at me!" at the same time.
James was in motion the ENTIRE time we were there. I thought this was appropriate picture to explain the boundless energy that boy has in spades.
J is climbing Mt. Haymore with his friend, Oliver Friest.
When I told him to smile, he gave me this. I guess it qualifies as a smile if you squint real hard.
This was a tee-pee made of corn stalks. It still had dried corn on it and James had a great time finding them and tearing them apart. lovely.
And where was Oliver during this whole time? Petting this dog:
A little information about Oliver: he LOVES dogs. And I've never ever seen a baby so good with animals. James was another story entirely- he and dogs just don't seem to get along well. He's actually been nipped a few times! But Oliver is so soothing. Even at 12 mos. Oliver is so gentle that the animals don't mind him. I think James may be a little too high strung for the animals.

And then we found these awesome trikes. Who knew John Deere made tricycles?!

I went to Martin's with 2 of my dear friends- Heather Janssen (and her little GQ Dane)
And Sara Friest- I love this girl! I have the prettiest friends ever.
Do you see Oliver with the dog?
We took home some gourds and caramel apples and these pictures. Not a bad haul for an October afternoon.

1 comment:

jbaggs said...

hey--i was there too. just for a minute, though. :0(

guess I'm not cool enough to make the cut.

or maybe its my laser eye.......