Monday, October 24, 2011

A new idea

I have been searching for a reason for this blog. My dear friend uses a blog to find the joy in everyday moments, and I love to read it. She has taught me so much about what a blog can do and what a powerful tool it can be. She is funny, insightful, poignant, and deliberate- all qualities I desire but seem to lack.
This little corner of cyberspace has been mine for a while now. My mom calls me often and begs for more updates- but most often I feel that what I have to say is nowhere NEAR interesting enough to even be considered reading material. Like my comments about life are banal. Boring. Common. Whatever.
But I have found a purpose. A logos. A reason to write.
For the next little while, my reason for this blog is to conduct small video interviews with my children, husband, myself (that should be interesting), and/or post a picture of a sweet/funny/ordinary thing my family does EVERYDAY. It's a project to bring the dispersed of my family close together for a season.

So, here we go:
Day #1

Tonight, we carved pumpkins in preparation for Halloween. The boys thought it was so much fun. Oliver was laughing so hard he was snorting. Cackling even. I wanted to get video of that but I was up to my wrists in pumpkin goo.

And for some reason, my video is not uploading to neither Blogger nor YouTube. I will try again tomorrow. 

But for the sake of a picture from today, here we all are with the 'Superman' pumpkin
Starring: (from left) "Skel the Skeleton", the superman pumpkin with a frog candle inside, Oliver without pants- it was a nice night, and the mama (me) wearing a hat on my frizzy-unwashed-barely-braided hair.

To be continued....

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I like the idea of having a theme for your blog. I've been trying to figure something like that out for mine for a while now. I try to make it something more than me just babbling on and on about random crap...but that's all it ever ends up being. I need to follow your lead and figure something else out, maybe. Thanks.

Cheryl said...

Great idea! This will be fun! Thanks for the kind words. Love the skeleton mask and the pumpkin! And hooray for frog candles!

Oh, and it has never crossed my mind to use the word "banal" to describe you--Ever.