Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baz

As most of you know- those who know me well at least- I am a sucker for movies directed by Baz Luhrmann. These are: Strictly Ballroom (love that Paso Doble), Romeo + Juliet (also included fanastic music by Radiohead), Moulin Rouge (need I say more?)- and coming out this month- AUSTRALIA. There are a few reasons why I am so excited for this! 
1. It has Hugh Jackman who I think is a wonderful actor and I am happy to see him collaborate with Baz.
2. Hugh Jackman is Australian, ergo, when he speaks, the accent is REAL. Thats refreshing.
3. Nicole Kidman is reuniting with Baz for movie no.2. I think this is a great idea! She really was fantastic in Moulin Rouge! and I'm sure will be equally luminescent in Australia.
I don't know what the rating on this film is or will be, but I am really happy that Baz has been doing what he does best: make wonderfully exciting films!
oh! no.4 I like that Nicole Kidman has super fair skin- because I do too! Woo hoo Whiteys! I guess that really wasn't a reason why I'm excited to see this film, but oh well.

No comments: