Thursday, November 20, 2008

Duck Duck Goose



Are you thinking about thanksgiving yet? Perhaps you have made your menu, your shopping lists, invited your friends, decorated your home. Perhaps in the process of deciding what your main course will be the thought flashed through your mind- do I REALLY want to make Turkey again? Is it really worth the work? Do the left-overs REALLY taste that good? How many days of turkey sandwiches for lunch can I really handle?
 
These questions have been answered in an acceptable way for you all:
1. you really DONT want to make turkey again.
2. it's really NOT worth the work
3. The left overs are all white meat and do not taste that good!
4. any more than one day of leftovers is unacceptable.

So, I've found an alternative:
I'm making a duck! Thats right- the one that says Quack Quack. 
I'm excited for this because:
1. its all dark meat- yum!
2. Its small enough to feed 4 people well without too many left overs
3. It is an easy roast to to and won't fill up my oven completely
4. It won't take 10 hours to roast/smoke/deep fry/brine/carve.

Mainly I'm excited about this because I'm hoping to create a new thanksgiving tradition for my family-
but we're still having all the other fixin's!

No comments: