Saturday, October 24, 2009

Apples Apples

We went to Martin's Hillside Orchard a month ago and had a WONDERFUL time apple picking! Here's what we did with the apples:

C'mon. Who doesn't love caramel apples?! And they were SO easy! Here's my recipe:
Apples
Popsickle sticks (small craft sticks)
about 50 small caramels (the brachs works really well. Kraft is okay. we found some local candy- heaven!)
Milk
CHILL apples- I like the freezer while you're getting the caramel ready to zap.
Microwave the caramel and 2 tbs. milk for about 2 minutes.
Stir until the caramel is melted with the milk.
Poke the stem of the apple with a craft stick (they slide in REALLY easy)
coat the COLD apple with caramel.
place on a wax paper/ parchment paper/ cooking spray coated plate.
cool (again)
Eat as many as you can handle!:)

This is the other thing I did:

Ashley's (almost) award-winning Zesty Apple Crumble Pie.
I entered it into a local pie contest. We didn't win. But we ALMOST DID!
I may be bribe-able for my recipe.:) But it's obviously not perfect yet.
I could just tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

2 comments:

Shelli Snyder said...

Remember the days when you couldn't even manage macaroni and cheese? I'll never forget the time you burned water. :) You've come a long way, my friend. :)

Laura McBride said...

Hahaha... and burning spaghetti! I'll bribe you for the recipe! How about, I'll scrapbook some pages for you! Send me some pics and the recipe and I'll send back some cute pages and an empty pie tin!