Sunday, October 4, 2009

control issues

I am having a control issue. With my weight.
YES, I gave birth about 4 months ago.
YES, I was not able to move around during the last 2 months of my second pregnancy without intense pain.
YES, I am nursing.

But, I have let these things become excuses as to why I am the size I am now. I don't want to be an excuse-machine. I'll always have reasons to not get out and MOVE. Thats WAY easier- giving myself reason upon reason: I have to clean (blank), I have to fold (blank), I have to do this that or the other thing, I need my sleep... blah, blah, blah.

So, I'm doing something about it.

I've purchased a membership to the local YMCA for my family. It was not terribly expensive, but it is enough to make me USE it in relation to the percentage of the family budget it represents.

Tomorrow is monday morning. I'm going to Yoga at 9 am if I can get Oliver into the Baby Center.
If not, I'll go swimming at 1pm.

If the rule is: More calories OUT than in. A nursing mom needs to be consuming about 2,300 calories a day so I reckon I can do yoga for an hour or swim for an hour- burning about 400-500 calories.
Expending 400 extra calories a day (for 5 days) will equal about 1 lb. per week. And there are 12 weeks left in the year.

So, I want to loose 12-15 lbs by the end of the year. I'll fit into my pre-preggo pants then.

If anyone wants to join me, I'll be reporting my success every week.
And if I don't, then get on facebook and heckle me.

No comments: