Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Baby Olive-r

This face has officially turned one! Who can resist this? Well, folks who endeavor to stay clean for one- and Oliver is clearly not one of those.

It's fun to see the little persons inside emerge over the course of the first year. Obviously we knew who this little boy was when he was born- I definitely recognized him. But his personality is hard to discern in the "wormy worm" phase of life:)

Oliver is a very social little guy- he always wants to be around people and is happy to get to know new friends. He has a sense of humor and it's fun to play chase with him- he get's the biggest kick out of being chased around the living room.
He doesn't really seem to care about walking yet, which I don't mind at all!
But he loves books. Loves books. And is very independent about turning his own pages.

The grass is a constant source of consternation. So is the sidewalk. I think it's the texture.

And he only wants to eat REAL food. This is a good thing.

We love our big little boy (and little is the true part- he's tiny for his age) and wish him a happy happy birthday!




2 comments:

Kierst said...

Happy birthday to Oliver! He's adorable! It seems as though he's a lot like Ashton, except for the fact that I really do care that he's not walking since I have to carry his 27 pound body around with me everywhere I go.

Rice Family said...

Happy Birthday Oliver! I cannot believe how dang big and handsome he is! :)