Monday, January 12, 2009

Lea P Cabrera

Wow, this was really NOT the picture I wanted to start with- but oh well. Okay, I was delighted to attend Lea Cabrera's baby shower on saturday night! It was SO great to see them ALL!!! Lea (of course) looks BEAUTIFUL and has that enviable "glowy" look about her. She also feels a bit stiff and quite swollen because she's 2 weeks away from birth. But honestly, she looked JUST like the gorgeous Lea we all remember so well- plus a CUTE little belly. And I MEAN little. See the picture? Okay- Lea is 9 months prego and I am only 5 months prego. and who's belly is bigger? Maybe  I should have worn black- its so slimming.
Here is the picture of the whole Cabrera family (who were in attendance). It was so much fun to sit and chat with them once the party was over. They are such a fantastic family and I love them all!!! See how Delia hasn't aged AT ALL?! She still looks like she did 10 years ago. I want to know her secret!

Opening presents- Lea got the cutest little socks that LACE UP like shoes- and are printed like shoes- but of course, they are only socks. They were adorable.
This is the number 2 reason to attend anything at the Cabrera's: the FOOD. Doesn't that make your mouth water? Number 1 is to hang out with the family.
I have wanted Lumpia for EVER- I finally got my wish! Delia made lumpia and I put a dent in it.
Eric and his Mom. Eric is a DJ on a local radio station (u 92) and also spins in clubs in SLC. He seems to be doing very well and was honestly surprised to see me there.
Here's someone I didn't expect to see: Amy (Wever) Chambers! What a pleasant surprise to see someone else I knew. 
I tried to get as many pictures as possible (for you mom). It was SO fun, great to see all of the family and how happy they are. Lea, thank you for inviting me to come- I had a wonderful time! Delia- you know I love you!!! Ana- you are the most CRAFTY person I know and it all looked wonderful! 
When Deanna moves out here, we're going to need a Concord 2nd ward reunion! 

3 comments:

CA Poppy said...

Great post Mija!you all look terrific!love,Mom.

Shelli Snyder said...

How fun! I wish I could have come ... our car was in the shop - where it will be, apparently, until Friday. But you're right, Ash, Lea looks awesome! And you're darling at your five months too, my friend. :) I laughed out loud about your wearing black comment ... I wear a LOT of black these days! Love you so!

LeaCabrera said...

it was wonderful seeing u my dear.. we must get together again soon!
xoxoxo