Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Miss America


I can't believe I missed the Miss America Pageant! This has been a tradition for me for a VERY long time... I'm thinking since High School- Amy, correct me if I'm wrong on this.
I remember sitting down to watch all the hullabaloo and cheering on a contestant until they were eliminated. Maybe it was because my mother was a former "beauty queen"- but I've always had a sordid fascination with the whole tom-foolery of the shows.
However, actually being (forced) to participate was another ordeal entirely! Mom, I love you but Junior Miss was not my favorite thing in the world-and Amy will back me up on this one:)
But once I got into College, watching the Miss America pageant became a whole "girls night" thing. I'll never forget the one where my best friend- Laura- and I were watching at her house and right after it was done her dog shot out of the front door as I was trying to leave and we spent 20 minute running around in the FREEZING Rexburg January night air trying to get her back in the house! We finally gave up- the dog was enjoying being chased WAY too much. We went back inside only to find that- 2 minutes later as I tried to leave again- she was on the doorstep! Waiting for someone to come and chase her again!
So, it is with a sad and heavy heart that I missed this years pageant.
I'll catch it NEXT year for SURE!!!

1 comment:

Laura McBride said...

I missed it too! And I miss you! It is clear that we NEED to live by eacother so nothing like this happens ever again