Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A new era...



I was listening to the presidential ceremony today on the radio and I was just thinking to myself how BLESSED we are to be secure in the transfer of power in a non-violent way. How today is the fruition of the great promise made by our declaration of independence that all men are created equal. I shed a silent tear thinking of the work, strain and sacrifice given by so many to keep our lands free, safe and- despite all the problems we have- to retain that hopeful spirit which gives us the encouragement to live up to the ideals we hold as sacred.
I am grateful to participate in the democracy we have established and look forward with great anticipation to see how much we can accomplish if we are are willing to TRY.
God bless America and our new president: President Obama.

No comments: