Thursday, March 12, 2009

broken

Scare alert!
Apparently, last night our car got broken into. Not the actual cabin part- thank heavens! Just the gas tank part. For some odd reason, someone decided it would be a great idea to try to siphon off some of our gas. What?! Then, I guess it didn't work out because when I got into the car today, there was the same amount of gas in it I left there the previous night. I didn't even know we had this problem until coming home from Costco today and Drue noticed a Gas cap on the lawn by the driveway. Odd. So, he asked me to pop the gas cover and sure enough- we're missing our gas cap. And look!- there's where the pain has been chipped off where someone pried open the cover.
The only things i can think about this are:
1. Thank heavens they didn't see anything worth breaking into my actual car for. There's nothing there anyways. A car seat. woo.
2. Thank heavens they (apparently) failed to get what they wanted and were content to just leave instead of inflicting real damage.
3. I do not feel like my car is safe anymore. We have an off-street parking pad behind our home. This means someone would have had to approach my home from the alleyway drive in the back OR walk right by my bedroom window to get to my car. This is not a good feeling. I'm not usually the paranoid one about safety because I have the strange thought that people are inherently good- but after discovering this small infarction today- I must admit to being VERY paranoid.
Does this helpless feeling ever go away?

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Our car got broken into when we were newly married living in Provo. Our car was parked in a (supposedly) patrolled parking garage. They shattered a window and stole some CD's from our car. We felt the same way, but it did go away.