Thursday, March 12, 2009

triumph!

"The word Triumph begins with 'try' and ends with... UMPH! a GREAT BIG UMPH!"- Memphis, Happy Feet
James said the word "Daddy" tonight! And he made the sign with it too. He's SO proud of himself and we couldn't be happier! These words are small, but NECESSARY for vocabulary development, identification skills and basic mouth manipulation! Every time he even tried to say a new word I am thrilled beyond belief! Still waiting for "mama" but I have faith it will come- and when I least expect it. He's also reading to himself- this is funny to watch and so sweet to listen to. And when I read a book and then say "okay, your turn" he'll point at himself. This is a new development too but one that is CRUCIAL- the identification of ones self. I am so proud of my little funny boy.

No comments: