Monday, March 30, 2009

some fun tidbits

From the violets in bloom in my yard with a wonderful smell and the sun and the warm to...
The cake tramp. Thats right. 6 inches of snow piled on that trampoline. I saw it this morning and told Drue it looked like a frosted wedding cake. All it needs is a little bride and groom on top.
The bench- where I sat 2 weeks ago in the warm and sun- maybe even got a little sunburnt in the 70 degree weather...Now, sniff. Buried in the snow for another 2 weeks.
And you thought digging out YOUR car was a chore! Poor James will not be able to see the inside of his car for a while yet.

So, we play inside instead. I just happened to get a shot of this pretty common sight in my home. But its still funny. He climbs into his toy box to look for something and then gets all involved playing in there that he doesn't come out for some minutes. Its really cute to see him play IN his toy box.
And now for something completely different.
This next part of my post happened this morning- BEFORE I was out of my bed- because laying in bed where my back, hips, muscles, legs, and head DON'T hurt is preferable to what happens when I get out of bed. I hear Drue call from down stairs "Ashley, you'd better get up and see this for yourself!"
Up? Okay. 
So, I'm thinking something bad has happened and he's trying to not get mad. This is what I saw:
The butter.
The door with butter "painted" onto it.
My proud little boy with butter all over his fingers.
Apparently what happened is that James got downstairs- like we told him to, good boy!- and found the step stool which he then used to push up to the counter looking for the "cookies" (which are just little sugar free animal crackers we usually have on hand). Instead, he found the butter, all nice and mushy- the perfect consistency for painting!
The closest thing he could find to paint on was the laundry "room" doors, so when Drue found him, he had the butter in one hand- kinda crushed- and the other hand busily employed in finger-painting my doors.
When I got down stairs and saw what he had done, I laughed out loud! He was so proud of himself and smiling from ear to ear! And of course, this kind of thing you MUST document, so I grabbed the camera which just happened to be close by- thank heavens!- and took pictures!
What a funny start to an otherwise winter-y depressing day!

1 comment:

CA Poppy said...

Better than Picasso!What a perfect photo.