Monday, August 17, 2009

My birthday celebration


Doesn't this look GOOOOOOOOD? Let me tell you about Famous Dave's.
Famous Dave's BBQ was where we went to celebrate my 26th birthday- and it was GREAT!
They have the following BBQ sauces: Sweet and Zesty, Rich and Sassy (see the pic? we got a FREE bottle for coming in our first time:), Texas Pit, Devil Spit, and Georgia Mustard. HOO WEE- the sauces were fantastic! They even brought out some of their fries so we could smaple the sauces before we slathered it all on our meat (and fingers and faces and shirt- in james' case). The wait staff wears shirts that say "We cook no swine before their time" among other catchy slogans and they are so cheerful, helpful and pleasant.
The manager came over to talk to us- he was really nice. Our dinner was served on a plastic tray lined with a wax paper- red check picnic table cloth wax paper. I had the Brisket. Drue had the chopped pork. James had the chicken fingers and he ate them ALL- and if you know James, you know he doesn't eat ALL of ANYTHING! With your meat you get a cornbread muffin, corn on the cob and 2 sides. I chose their fries and a thing called " Drunkin' Apples" which are apple slices cooked in a cinnamon amaretto sauce- SO good. I highly recommend the Drunkin' Apples:)
Famous Dave's was a great atmosphere for kids, family and good BBQ. We had a great time. So, when you come to visit, we'll go to Famous Dave's!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Sounds like fun! I love Famous Dave's. And you're right about their sauces. I love that you can buy them in the grocery store. Mmmm, now I'm in the mood for BBQ. I may just have to visit the Famous Dave's down the street.